Tuesday, August 2, 2011

✍ FYI: Designing Your Dream Home


For Your Information...
Designing Your Dream Home Has Never Been Easier!

Ok, so you may not be an architect, but wouldn't it be nice to pretend you were one and actually be able to design the house of your dreams?
Well at homestyler.com, you can do exactly that - for free!

Their easy drag and drop system using brand name products, and 3D views make using Homestyler a breeze and the best way to start your next home design project!

You can start from scratch or choose a design from their gallery, after all, like they say, why start from scratch when there’s a good chance someone in the Autodesk® Homestyler® community has already created a design that’s similar to your vision. There are thousands of designs to choose from, all free to use, edit, and develop however you’d like. Find inspiring ideas for kitchens, bathrooms, and living rooms, or even offices, retail space, and more.



Anyways, I decided to start from scratch, and build myself the master bedroom I've always dreamt of, - not that I'd have any kind of money anytime soon to be able to build something like this - it's just to give you an example.

I chose an 'L' shaped room:


 by dragging and dropping it onto their grid:


Then I wanted to see what this room looked like in 3D - before I even started doing anything more to it, lol.



Ok, so that was cool.  Now let's start getting down to business and really fix this baby up!

Let's put some wallpaper... no, some stucco.. no to hell with all that.  Let's get down to earth and add some wood!  Some Walnut Panelling to be exact!



Ok, my brain usually works backwards so I went on to add the accessories (my favourite part), first thing being the bed, only to discover that my room wasn't big enough to hold the bed I wanted - so I had to make the room bigger!! 



Now I could add the dresser, area rug, paper-tube lamp, 60-inch flat screen, wall-mounted tv, my laptop and of course - a few plants.

I ended up not liking the wood panelling - I just wasn't feeling it. I felt like I was out in the woods or something - so that had to go!   Anyways, after a few adjustments here and there (meaning a few hours later), this is what my master bedroom finally looked like:


That's in 2D.  But this is what it REALLY looks like in 3D:




S-WEET!

But, like I said earlier, my brain works backwards so after admiring my new creation I started to wonder how the hell I would get in and out of this room since there was no door!
So I added some nice Japanese-Four Panel-Folding doors and...... VOILA!



After centering the door a bit, I realize there was something very important missing!!  What the hell good is a master bedroom if you don't have a master bathroom to go with it???!!



There!  My masterpiece is finally completed!  What?  I didn't claim to be no architect, so unless you can do better.....



And the best part of all this? - You can share your final embarrassment.. uh, I meant accomplishment, with friends and family on twitter and facebook! So check out homestyler.com when you have some time.  Enjoy!






Source:  MFS-UsefulLinks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for leaving your comment!